Charterstone is a Legacy game. Legacy games are board games that change over time based on the outcome of each game played and the choices made by the player(s). ... The changes made in a Legacy game are designed to be permanent. A Legacy game's full experience is played out in a campaign that can only be played once.
Charterstone is a medium complexity competitive legacy game scaled for 1-6 players,. You construct buildings and inhabit a shared village. Building stickers are removed from cards and permanently added to your charter on the board, becoming action spaces for any player to use (kind of like Lords of Waterdeep and Caylus). Thus, a few available buildings soon grow into a bustling village with dozens of actions.
Charterstone features the following:
- no rulebook: just open the box and the game will tell you what to do next
- engine-building elements within each game and over the course of the campaign
- a branching storyline where short-term decisions impact long-term mechanisms
- time as a resource, impacting the cost to use buildings and player order
- 75 "crates" to unlock: 350+ unique cards and 230+ wooden tokens
Your journey through Charterstone's many secrets will last 12 games (a campaign), but it doesn't end there. Your completed village will be a one-of-a-kind, variable worker-placement game.