Moonshot games has a monumental collection of Magic the Gathering cards in our storehouses, each one bought, sold, and priced by our in-store magic experts. We are continuously growing with new sets, changes in markets and demands, as well as a healthy and welcoming Magic community.
In our efforts to serve our ever-expanding population, we wanted to familiarize our community with our Buy List and Pull List services for Magic the Gathering singles. We have provided this service for many years now, but we wanted to formalize this process and make sure that our entire Magic Community is aware of these important tools for any Magic the Gathering collector or player.
What are Buy Lists and Pull Lists?
Buy List: Whenever a Magic community member brings cards into our store to sell, we generate a buy list. A “buy list” is a list of cards to be bought by Moonshot Games. This can be Bulk, Singles, or a combination of both. Currently, all buy lists must be submitted in person with the cards to be purchased so that they can be graded by our specialists in house.
Pull list: Whenever a Magic community member submits a list of cards they wish to purchase, we generate a pull list. A “pull list” is a list of cards that need to be pulled from our inventory and set aside for that community member to review and purchase. This list can come from a purchase directly on our website, a physical list submitted in store, or a list e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Process - Singles are individual cards to be bought one by one. Singles are priced individually against our internal buylist app, or reviewed against TCGplayer & other resources to determine pricing. The cards must be submitted in person and all paperwork for the transaction is completed on site.
- You may select either Cash or Store Credit when selling us your cards.
- Note: For Cash buylists over $100.00, we will transfer the total value of your list to you via Paypal. We cannot use any other service, so if you would prefer to sell us your cards for cash, please make sure you have an active Paypal account.
- Timeline for singles buylists are as follows:
- 10 Cards or Less
- Processing Time: Immediate. As long as a Magic Specialist is on site, we will grade the cards and buy them right then and there!
- 11-50 Cards
- Processing Time: 24 Hours. We take the cards and your contact information and grade each of the cards individually. It takes some time, but we will reach back out to you within 24 hours to let you know when the grading and pricing is complete.
- 50+ Cards
- Processing Time: 24 to 48 Hours. Again, larger lists take more time, but we will usually get larger lists graded within 24-48 hours. If the list is truly large, we will contact you to confirm it’s progress or integrate bulk purchasing rules listed below.
- Process - Bulk purchasing is done for that large collection of magic cards, sitting in your cabinet or attic that is unused and needs to be cleared out! Bring in that box and we can purchase them for the going price of bulk common, uncommon, and rare cards!
Notice: It is best to pre-sort your magic cards before submitting them, as we always go with the pricing for the least valuable card within the box.
Example: If you bring in a box of uncommons and commons, we will treat it as a box of commons. If it is uncommons and rares we treat it as a box of uncommons, etc. Because of this, it is usually in your favor to pre-sort your collection by rarity before submitting them to us for purchase!
- Timeline for Bulk buylists are as follows:
- 1-2 Boxes
- Processing Time: Immediate. As long as a Magic Specialist is on site, we will buy them right then and there!
- 3+ Boxes
- Processing Time: 24 Hours. We will notify you once they have been completed and ready for the final sale!
Process - Magic Community members are able to browse our website and purchase magic singles directly. This is the simplest and easiest way to have your cards set aside and ready to go!
When you check out your cart, you can select the store at which you would like to pick up your list of selected cards, or have them delivered right to your door!
Please allow for 24-48 hours (plus delivery) for your individual cards to be retrieved from our massive collection and set aside for you. Once the order is submitted, you will receive a notification email confirming when your list is ready for pick-up!
Card list submitted via E-mail:
Process - If you have a list of cards you are looking for, you are welcome to submit a card list to firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not purchase the cards, but lets us know that you would like to review them.
These lists we will pull from our shelves within 24-48 hours and set them aside at whichever location is most convenient for you to come in and review. Once the cards have been pulled, we will send you an email to let you know they are ready.
Pull Lists In Store:
- Process - If you have come into our store in person for one of our tournaments, magic events or free plays (or you just saw a shiny Mox Opal through our store window) you are welcome to submit a pull list in person. Once you have compiled a list of cards, you can submit it to our Magic specialist who will be glad to retrieve them from our inventory for purchase.
- 10 Cards or Less
- Processing Time: Immediate. As long as a Magic Specialist is on site, we will grade the cards and sell them right then and there!
- 11-50 Cards
- Processing Time: 24 Hours. We take your list of cards and your contact information and pull all the cards that you would like from our inventory and set them aside for you.
- 50+ Cards
- Processing Time: 24 to 48 Hours. Again, larger lists take more time, but we will usually get larger lists graded and pulled within 24-48 hours. We take your list of cards and your contact information and pull all the cards that you would like from our inventory and set them aside for you.
Thank you for taking the time to learn these Magic Buy List and Pull List services!. We can’t wait to help you on your journey to be the best MTG Collector or Player you can be!